When you choose dedicated server hosting, you can get an entire server for your business requirements. You do not have to share the resources like disk space, power or bandwidth any neighboring websites. You are free to install software of your choice and you can even tweak the server settings to suit your business goals. One of the main factors to consider when choosing a dedicated server host is the dedicated server pricing.
Dedicated server pricing is likely to be steep because you will able to lease out an entire server for yourself. Unlike shared hosting where you must share server resources with others, you will not have to share any resource with your co-users. This explains how companies opting for dedicated hosting can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and space. But, when you evaluate plans on the basis of dedicated server pricing, there are some important things that you should bear in mind:
- To start with, just because the prices of dedicated hosting offered by a provider are low, you should not sign up with them without checking for the host’s credibility. This means that signing up with any provider without knowing whether it is reliable and trustworthy or not, is a mistake. You can find out about a company’s reputation by reading online reviews about its performance. You can also check for client testimonials and feedbacks.
- Prices of Windows hosting are likely to be higher as compared to Linux dedicated hosting. This is because Linux is open-source and there is no licensing fee involved. However, for sites which run ASP.Net technologies, choosing Windows servers make sense as these applications will run only in Windows settings. So, although you get the benefits of low dedicated server pricing when you choose Linux plans, you have to choose Windows dedicated servers for certain applications.
- When dedicated server pricing is exceptionally low, it may be a good idea to find out about its technical support facilities. Ideally, your web host should offer round-the-clock technical assistance through chats, phone calls and emails. But, not all providers that claim to offer excellent technical supports actually do. It is therefore better to check for online reviews and feedbacks of customers in third party sites before you make the final decision.
- When you choose plans based on dedicated server pricing alone, you should definitely check for hidden charges. There are some companies which may offer low hosting fees, but they will demand money for upgrades and updates, for installation, migration etc. You must ensure that your web host does not charge you for extra upgrades and updates. The host should also be in a position to offer you additional hardware and software should you need these.
- Simply choosing a hosting provider because of its dedicated server pricing advantage is not a wise decision. You must ensure that vendor can offer you a very high uptime guarantee of 99.9%. Without a high uptime, the servers are not reliable and you cannot avoid downtimes. They should ideally have Tier III datacenters which have state-of-the-art infrastructure that is fault-resilient and will ensure that your site is up and running at all times.